Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Used to Love Going to The Record Shop

Before you play your next record, let the tables spin for the record shops who are no longer here.

I loved them days, and I wish I was in a real record shop right now....but at the same time I love and appreciate the technological advancements that have evolved the way we play and distribute music. Serato Scratch Live keeps the feeling alive. I love records and don't think I'll ever part from the turntables, but honestly, making wav files (and mp3s) of my albums and 45s preserves them. Thanks to Serato I can cut and scratch without damaging the record. Run DMC's "Peter Piper" 12' - I'm probaly through my 3rd set of those ...and "Not Bad, meaning bad, but bad, meaning Good!" ...is permanently dusted from practicing with it so much. That will NEVER happen, using my mp3 copy of "Peter Piper" on Serato Scrath.

So, like cats pour out a little liquor, I thought I'd let the tables spin for the shops that are no longer here. The love you provided lives through. Beat Street (Brooklyn), Rock N' Soul (Manhattan), Harmony (Tremont Ave/The Bronx), DJ Specialty Shop (Castle Hill/The Bronx) ...those were the days.

Does anybody still have "Fusion Beats"? I need that!

No comments:

Post a Comment